What is the one fish or coral you wish you could have in your tank?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like everyone has that one fish or coral they wish they could have in their tank to make it a little bit better but can't. Maybe it's due to the fish/coral being too out of budget, maybe it's something that is hard to come across, or maybe it wouldn't work well in your tank. I'm curious to hear what fish or coral you wish you could have in your tank!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a coral or fish but I would love a maxima clam. Not enough par on the sandbed. A light upgrade would require a complete rearrangement of my corals and probably removal to prevent bleaching with that amount of par increase.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a coral or fish but I would love a maxima clam. Not enough par on the sandbed. A light upgrade would require a complete rearrangement of my corals and probably removal to prevent bleaching with that amount of par increase.
How much do they require on the sand? I'm running a fairly high par for sand level corals with no issues. Mixed reefs are hard to balance.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They shouldn't be on the sand anyway. Just do it if you have >250 par.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do they require on the sand? I'm running a fairly high par for sand level corals with no issues. Mixed reefs are hard to balance.
I had one at 250 par for 3ish years and now it's at >320. They should be on a rock not sand.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like everyone has that one fish or coral they wish they could have in their tank to make it a little bit better but can't. Maybe it's due to the fish/coral being too out of budget, maybe it's something that is hard to come across, or maybe it wouldn't work well in your tank. I'm curious to hear what fish or coral you wish you could have in your tank!
I always see a fish that's real nice looking but then I Google it to make sure it's suitable. Always, not good with clams... Not good with sps... Not good with tangs... Needs large 300 gallon tank... Ug.

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a serious want for a Colorado Sunburst anemone right now. I think they are just gorgeous.
Btw,@samsreeHas Colorado Sunburst for sale, great looking ones

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back