What is the one piece of EQUIPMENT that's amazingly still working, much longer than you expected?

shakygator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cheap jebao dosing pump that get's a "don't buy it, it will break" rating on most reefing forums :)
i purchased two, one to keep as a spare, haven't needed the spare yet.
been running 3 years now.

hope i didn't jinx myself with this post LOL

J.
I've had a dp4 or whatever it is running for like 8 years! Ive only replaced the heads once. I have an apex DOS here that I'm going to install sometime but I have not felt the rush to do so yet.

One of my other best buys was some cheap $12 powerheads off of ebay. I threw one in my mixing barrel and one in the sump to mix up things that get dosed and those things have been running for 5/6/7 years too. Sometimes cheap stuff breaks - sometimes it doesn't.

Sicce return pumps are also amazing. I had a couple running my main system for at least 5 years, probably more. I rarely cleaned them and they still started up every time. Definitely can't go wrong with them. I still have them as backups, just switched to fancy DCs like everyone else lol.

Last edited:

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're pointing to an entirely different product in the 1st link and the second link doesn't point to an LM III in stock.

Trust me, they are out of stock everywhere.

LM IV is supposed to be released soon'ish but the new pricing on their site has gone north substantially so not even sure if this will be an affordable solution anymore.
Oh sorry what I linked is what I have. I forgot the model you had. It is expensive and if my experience is to be expected 30ish years of reliable service is certainly worth it but do they still build them to that quality and there are plenty of reliable and certainly much more flexible options now anyway.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back