What is the one thing you could have done better in 2023

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have been done with my new built alot sooner. Procrastination and doubt held me back quite a bit.

At the same time, I was taking my time because I didn't want to miss anything and built it with out any regret.

Also I should have tested my nutrient more, I lost quite a bit of coral because of it. Now it's part if my everyday morning routine lol

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the year closes, throughout a given year, we try new products and concepts. One is the one thing(s) you could have done better this year but vow to do better in 2024?

I plan to get rid of the home depot shut off valve and get the one from BRS as it is so hard to turn the handle when needed.
As the year closes, throughout a given year, we try new products and concepts. One is the one thing(s) you could have done better this year but vow to do better in 2024?

I plan to get rid of the home depot shut off valve and get the one from BRS as it is so hard to turn the handle when needed.
I shouldn’t have rushed getting corals into a new tank. Lost a few expensive ones.

I have learned that this hobby is a slow process and you need to take your time. Let the tank get established and things should go well.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
maintain my lights dust/salt free. i feel they’re being overworked due to the buildup. i have also been procrastinating with building my 2nd sump as i want to replace my current sump with a more updated version( i want to have a bigger fuge section, and just want to use 1 filter sock instead of 2 cutouts for 2 socks) which would hopefully free up room in my sump which i struggle with when cleaning the sump

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yelled "Get off my lawn you darn kids" so often and maybe been been a bit more understanding with the yellow jackets that I went to battle with, I mean they just want happiness too.

Oh wait, was this only about reefing?
In my experience yellow jackets are all about that smoke. Vicious little things. Unfortunately they do serve a serious purpose on the earth. They kill tons of insects every year.

That is no excuse for trying to take over my shed though.

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I treated my tank for High Nitrate and Phosphates because I had an hair algae problem assuming the algae was consuming them. They were not. I was bottomed out. After I Flux Rx'd the tank I started dosing nitrate and phosphate little by little. I also started doing carbon (vinegar) again. You wouldn't believe the difference in growth and color since. My first go around Nitrate and Phosphate were the devil. No longer the case. Never ASSume, test, test, test.
2. If you see 1 aiptasia just get something(s) to eat them. Treatment only made the problem worse for me. Mojano Wand, F-Aptaisia, Joe's Juice, cursing and scrubbing them with a metal brush, etc...
3. Only use pellet food when you have too.
4. Get as close to the wattage of your display tank as you can for your refugium.
5. Get rid of filter socks and switch to roller mat sooner. My Klir-4 got bad reviews but it was reasonably priced and does a good job for me. My water is crystal clear and I don't have to touch those nasty socks anymore.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back