What is the Smartest Thing Your Fish Has Done

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 more experience was of yellow coris wrasse. I thought it had died but after 1 yr it suddenly came back and was looking like that everything is normal!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two Clown Fish and the smaller of the two jumped out the tank towards the bathroom. Not sure how smart that was because he died but I like to think he was pulling a Finding Nemo and was trying to make it to the toliet.....
Maybe him and a few other fish made a bet to see if he could make it to the ocean by flushing himself down the toilet.

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old valentini puffer used to come up to the surface of the water for belly scratches.

That's too funny. In my son's fresh water tank, his previous plecostomus would come up to the top of the water and float upside down and let us scratch his belly. It got to the point when he saw us enter the room, he'd swim up and float upside down on top of the water. We were all sad when he passed.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Neon Dottyback would shimmy between the Overflow Weir Teeth. I’d have to wait till it was in the Sump. I couldn’t find him, there’s no filter sock at the drain, skimmer has a Sponge filter on the pump and there’s three layers of media to the next compartment. I was tearing the sump apart, look up, it had figured out how to get back into the tank. Did that till it was too big to get in the overflow. It couldn’t jump over the top, the glass fits too close, and it would be hard to swim up through the Weir. I think it wiggled through the algae, but never saw it do this.

Zebrasoma98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a bamboo catshark where I used to work who would come rest on my feet waiting for a back scratch whenever I cleaned the glass tunnel
IMG_1552.JPG

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a bamboo catshark where I used to work who would come rest on my feet waiting for a back scratch whenever I cleaned the glass tunnel
IMG_1552.JPG
Haven't heard of a bamboo cat shark before

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard of a bamboo cat shark before
You haven’t? They are one of the best sharks for tanks. Don’t get too big and are one of the prettiest and docile sharks.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You haven’t? They are one of the best sharks for tanks. Don’t get too big and are one of the prettiest and docile sharks.
After seeing pictures I think I have seen them before, just didn't know the names of them haha

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a clownfish that used to go crazy and swim at the food container i use when i brought it out. He would merge from his cave and stare at it. I also had a pincushion urchin that i fed once when it got to the top of the water, then whenever it was hungry it went to the top of the water and i gave it nori. So it figured out thats how to get fed.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Long Nose Butterfly in a Fish Only tank. If you walked past the tank without putting food in, then the next time you walked past the tank he would spit water out the tank at you. He was smart, he only spit at me or my girlfriend at the time - cause we did the feeding and not the other house mates.

In my previous 400g reef tank I had a 2 story 26g surge tank. I kept Dragon Faced Pipefish and Seahorses in the tank. In the afternoons when the surge tank was running, then would move to the top of the tank and hang out near the surge outlet, when the surge started they would swim out into the surge and then get shot across the tank. They did this daily on schedule.

Dave B

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Purple Tang is the policeman of the tank. It gets in between ANY aggression between any of the other fish. It just won't put up with anything like that. Sometimes my Yellow and Sailfin Tang try to give it a go and the Purple just gets right in between. The Powder Blue doesn't even try anymore.

The Yellow and the Purple are thick as thieves. They rarely leave each other.

Sometimes the Coral Beauty and Starry Blenny try but the Tang is right there.

It's bizarre but I like it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back