What is this critter?

mandyvan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2022
Messages
127
Reaction score
80
Location
Monroe
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://youtube.com/shorts/fIXCgW_Su4o?feature=share
What is this creepy crawly critter? Found
him near a small piece of rock I recently removed from the reef tank for my Algae ID post. Hard to tell from the paper towel, but he had a white sac-like thing on his behind. I had given the rock a good peroxide cleaning and put it on the paper towel on my counter. All the brown algae was gone, there was still some green algae. Then found this little brown thing crawling around a few hours later. I don’t know if he’s from the air or reef tank, but I’ve never seen anything like it.
 
Six legs, not eight

seems to be an insect
 
Yeah, could be a kudzu beetle/stink bug. Hopefully it didn't come from here:

1657854456082.png
 
Yeah, could be a kudzu beetle/stink bug. Hopefully it didn't come from here:

1657854456082.png
You know I was going to suggest stink bug but it doesn’t look like one I’ve ever seen lol!
 
Closest thing the legs reminded me of are stink bugs. We usually get the brown marmorated variety here in southwest Ohio. This little guy had red eyes like some nymphs of insects do. He was only interested in floating on the top of the water in the critter jar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new