What is this frilly thing?

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
928
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen this on my glass a few times, no idea what this frilly thing is. Is this a creature or the remains of a creature?
IMG_8137.jpg
 
I do, yes!
Then they're more than likely Cerith eggs! Fish or crabs will most likely eat them before they hatch, and the babies are pelagic so it's not feasible to raise them, but it's a good sign that you have a healthy tank :)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new