What is this long black string?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mh0ward
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mh0ward

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
330
Reaction score
326
Location
BG
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this is?
IMG_5476.jpeg

IMG_5477.jpeg


My first thought was some kind of weird poo, but it’s oddly symmetric/uniform/whatever for that. Maybe it is something else?
 
what fish do you have? does seem like poop.
just a bicolor blenny, 2 clowns and a yellow watchman goby. I’ve not seen poo that looked like that until today
 
Anyone know what this is?
IMG_5476.jpeg

IMG_5477.jpeg


My first thought was some kind of weird poo, but it’s oddly symmetric/uniform/whatever for that. Maybe it is something else?
Looks to me like silicone strand
 
Looks to me like silicone strand
Sorry, that was a pic I took of it in the baster I siphoned it out with, I took another pic after I dropped it in a cup (2nd pic)
 
I miss working. We had a guy that would taste anything. We had a car up on the lift once and there was brown stuff underneath and we couldn't figure out what it was so we had Tom come over and taste it. Turned out it was chocolate not what we thought it was :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
We collected money so one guy could eat a can of alpo dog food.
Needless to say he was not feeling great that afternoon.
Tom would do it for free. He was an interesting person. He ate bugs too. Said they had a lot of protein lol
EDIT : He wasn't mental or anything. Very intelligent just danced to his own beat.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new