What is this on my clown fish

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cmajor

Community Member​

Can anyone tell what this is on my fish. It looks like a piece of brine shrimp stuck to him. It was not there yesterday or while in the qt. Not the best video or picture but if someone knows what may be going on please let me know
https://youtube.com/shorts/kSK-_Ca5mLU?feature=share

0DBF3166-41D0-473D-BBE1-E066CAEDB0D6.jpeg 5028B354-9B4A-44E6-A68D-4893F179A520.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look like something is stuck there, abut I think it is a bacterial lesion. I would, however, just watch it for a day to see if it falls off. Meanwhile, some background information about your tank and the fish would be helpful, here is a link to what info helps us:

Jay

OP
OP
C

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look like something is stuck there, abut I think it is a bacterial lesion. I would, however, just watch it for a day to see if it falls off. Meanwhile, some background information about your tank and the fish would be helpful, here is a link to what info helps us:

Jay
So i have a 125 gallon long tank with 40 gallon sump. The tank has been set up 2 months and was cycled with bio spira and dry rock. The clowns are the only fish i have in there. They went through 30 day qt with copper treatment. There are no corals at the moment, i plan to get some when the tank is mature and can handle them
Temp-79
Sg 1.026
Am-0
Trites-0
Trates 5
Ph 7.8
Alk 12

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a 125 gallon long tank with 40 gallon sump. The tank has been set up 2 months and was cycled with bio spira and dry rock. The clowns are the only fish i have in there. They went through 30 day qt with copper treatment. There are no corals at the moment, i plan to get some when the tank is mature and can handle them
Temp-79
Sg 1.026
Am-0
Trites-0
Trates 5
Ph 7.8
Alk 12
Good that the clowns went through copper. I would still say wait a day, and then decide to pull it and dose with antibiotics, or let it try to heal on its own. If the lesion grows larger overnight, I would not advise just letting it go, can you set up a treatment tank?
Jay

OP
OP
C

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good that the clowns went through copper. I would still say wait a day, and then decide to pull it and dose with antibiotics, or let it try to heal on its own. If the lesion grows larger overnight, I would not advise just letting it go, can you set up a treatment tank?
Jay
Yes i have one setup. Will keep an eye on it and if gets larger i will pull and treat for bacteria.

OP
OP
C

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: i treated with kanaplex and metroplex bound to their food with focus. I started treatment Saturday morning and they were fed twice with the meds. This morning the spot was gone. No sign of it at all. How long should i continue to feed with the meds. Thanks in advance

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: i treated with kanaplex and metroplex bound to their food with focus. I started treatment Saturday morning and they were fed twice with the meds. This morning the spot was gone. No sign of it at all. How long should i continue to feed with the meds. Thanks in advance
Well, oral meds don’t work that fast, so the spot went away on its own. Continuing the meds won’t hurt.
jay

OP
OP
C

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, oral meds don’t work that fast, so the spot went away on its own. Continuing the meds won’t hurt.
jay
Lol ok. Good to know because i was like this is some good stuff. How much longer to continue the meds then

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol ok. Good to know because i was like this is some good stuff. How much longer to continue the meds then
Most course of antibiotics is 5 to 7 days. Neoplex is 3 doses every 2 days. The anti-protozoan, metronidazole is typically fed twice, a few days apart ... so the two drugs don't match up well for dosing.

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back