Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I did, I used Seachem dip.
Limpet versus Duncan Bud imo. I suppose Barnacle might be a possibility.
Coral-boring Barnacle - it should shoot out little, feathery appendages to rake in food like fingers closing into a fist:
That's a coral-boring barnacle; it's a filter feeder, so it's technically harmless (but large barnacles and small corals sometimes see issues).
They're usually not a problem, but they do generally cause a little, dead/deformed patch around where they're burrowed in (and that patch tends to grow as the barnacle does). It being that close to the mouth is a bit concerning to me, but I haven't seen it on enough LPS like this to know if it's an issue.
If you want to get rid of it, I'd imagine you would need to either crush it in its burrow or carefully inject something into it that would kill it - either way, you'd really want to be careful with it being in the coral.
![]()
It was another head.
I did. I just popped it off with a razor and used super glue and epoxy sandwich.![]()
It was another head.
![]()
Did you re-frag this? The skeleton and epoxy look totally different.
Neat (and informative for me) - thank you for following up!![]()
It was another head.