WHAT IS THIS...?

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this white dusting on my black clown. I have a PJ cardinal in QT with and he doesn’t show ANY signs of this. The B&W and PJ have been in QT for a month. The clown had had since he’s been in QT and the symptoms haven’t gotten worse or better. No change whatsoever. I feel like since he’s had it for a month and no change, it can’t be brook or velvet right? What could it be? #reefsquad @HotRocks

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos:

FF786BC1-C908-481E-89D5-572A49C87684.jpeg 19BC8D83-58FC-4F35-9B16-54BC87410306.jpeg

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brooklynella--Clown fish disease ? Even though you don't feel that's what it is, could you not treat him for it and see if it makes a difference. Even if it's just one treatment. If no change you could at least rule it out.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like velvet to me. Have you treated with copper?
No have not treated with copper. I used a malachite green product that says it helps with velvet. I hope I don’t come off combative, but without medication wouldn’t velvet have killed this fish before a month of the fish having it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brooklynella--Clown fish disease ? Even though you don't feel that's what it is, could you not treat him for it and see if it makes a difference. Even if it's just one treatment. If no change you could at least rule it out.
I just started treatment with metroplex two days ago, today was second dose, didn’t even know it treated brook lol was using it to see if it was ich

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No have not treated with copper. I used a malachite green product that says it helps with velvet. I hope I don’t come off combative, but without medication wouldn’t velvet have killed this fish before a month of the fish having it?
I'm going by what the disease looks like in the pictures. Copper in the right dosage would kill the velvet very rapidly, so you'd know in a couple of days.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be velvet. Clowns are pretty resistant to ich and velvet both. It’s completely possible a healthy clown could live with velvet for a month.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any copper will work at this point. Just make sure you follow the directions to ensure the correct therapeutic dose as the optimum concentrations are different for chelated and non-chelated copper treatments.

I've successfully used both CopperSafe and Seachem Cupramine.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any copper will work at this point. Just make sure you follow the directions to ensure the correct therapeutic dose as the optimum concentrations are different for chelated and non-chelated copper treatments.
Ok thanks. It says 20 drops for 10.5 gallons I have a 6 gallon QT what do I do for amount of drops

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good News! It’s been cured! It wasn’t velvet because while I was awaiting my cupramine delivery I was feeding metroplex in my food. Since feeding, everything is gone!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back