What is this?

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, could I please get some help to identify this worm in my tank. Is it a bristle worm? Could it be a bobbit worm? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

Screenshot_20210619-100533_Gallery.jpg
But THIS looks like a bobbit…

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think removing the rock is the best solution for now because I know where it is. If I try and set a trap, it might relocate to another rock or in the sand. Cheers for the warm welcome!
Yeah removing the rock is probably what I would do to. Make sure you where gloves though! I think they bite, could be wrong but I'd wear em anyways cause that thing is nasty lookin lol...

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why everyone freaks out about these. I mean, get it out, it can kill your other inhabitants, but it’s been in your tank for as long as you’ve had your rock, it’s not some emergency to get it out. I would maybe set up a nano for it, they are fascinating creatures (if not I’m sure there’s someone here that would pay for shipping).
Yep @Daniel Thompson. We found you a bobbit! Lol

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some folks like to collect these. If you catch it and get it out of the tank you might find someone who wants to keep it as a pet.
Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, could I please get some help to identify this worm in my tank. Is it a bristle worm? Could it be a bobbit worm? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

Screenshot_20210619-100533_Gallery.jpg
Do Bobbits have that white band? I don’t think so unless a species I haven’t seen
CC802C78-5533-4003-B599-BC605479E5E5.jpeg

Look at those “jaws”

OP
OP
S

Scrives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies guys! I appreciate the fast turnaround in responses. I'm pretty confident it is a bobbit worm (or a species of this). I am going to remove the rock that it lives in so that it is not in my main tank. I think that it is unique enough to keep in a "pest" tank. This will limit any damage it does.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies guys! I appreciate the fast turnaround in responses. I'm pretty confident it is a bobbit worm (or a species of this). I am going to remove the rock that it lives in so that it is not in my main tank. I think that it is unique enough to keep in a "pest" tank. This will limit any damage it does.
Save the whales!

whale hunting GIF
:)

OP
OP
S

Scrives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get it?
Sorry for the late reply dude! I put the rock in my only other tank which was a small quarantine tank. It came out a few times looking for food but never all the way.
Then I received a Green Wrasse which I had to quarantine so I kept them both in the same tank. I'm not sure if wrasses eat these types of worms but I haven't seen it for almost a week now :( It may have been a special treat for the Wrasse!

Back