What is this?

CatarinoSalazarr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon reef tank and i have this new fellow and i don’t know wat they are. i got it first from some algee and i thought it was sand or soemthing and then it started to grow in size from an inch to maybe half an inch.

48FF64EA-FD29-4D8B-8A6C-D31769EFC68D.jpeg
 
I have a 10 gallon reef tank and i have this new fellow and i don’t know wat they are. i got it first from some algee and i thought it was sand or soemthing and then it started to grow in size from an inch to maybe half an inch.

48FF64EA-FD29-4D8B-8A6C-D31769EFC68D.jpeg
It appears to be a tunicate, but hard to tell in the photo.

Does it look like the below pics? (In the last pic, ignore the colonial tunicates, the orange tunicates are what I am referring to for comparison)

There are a few I have. They are filter feeders and of no harm to a tank. I cannot remember the name of them for the life of me right now, but will look at may notebook and dig up the name.

tempImageJ0HSbE.png

tempImageLYcAB7.png

tempImagesStuz3.png
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new