What is wrong with my CBB's gill?!?

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, so good. Swelling seems to have gone down a bit and his breathing has become more regulated. I snapped a couple of pics. He also no longer had the redness around his fins.
Oh man. I was checking this thread out from time to time
You know what I would recommend? At this point keeping him well fed and super happy and well nourished would be priority which might enhance his immune system for whatever it was, since we never really had a 100% diagnosis of it. And as rudimentary as it might sound from my limited experiences with copperbands, you know what I think will make him super happy and super nourished to turbo charge his immune system?

LIVE BLACKWORMS!

I just purchased a big lump from my LFS, in Jersey. If you PM me your address, I'll send you a nice little clump of them.
He will go nuts for them. I've never seen a copperband not relish live blackworms, wriggling around, best case while they sink, but even when they drop to the substrate, they'll wiggle around for a bit.

I can almost swear they are like magic potions of healing for struggling copperbands. I have more than enough. I can send one of those little clumps and they last about a weeks worth for my Willie the copperband.

20220307_214411.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am having this EXACT same issue with my copperband (thread here). A year later, did your copperband survive afther the "thing" popped? Did the lump return or stay gone?
Sorry to hear. My cbb is alive and thriving, the thing has not returned.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back