What is wrong with my foxface?

Chris Van Daele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Please see the attached picture of my foxface. He seems to be loosing some scales but only on the one side. All tank parameters are in check, he is fed a varied diet of flakes, and a variety of different enriched frozen cube food. He appears to still be acting healthy as he is active and has no problem eating and swimming up to "beg" for food.

Please let me know what you think! There are no other issues with other fish in the tank.
IMG_2112.JPG

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Please see the attached picture of my foxface. He seems to be loosing some scales but only on the one side. All tank parameters are in check, he is fed a varied diet of flakes, and a variety of different enriched frozen cube food. He appears to still be acting healthy as he is active and has no problem eating and swimming up to "beg" for food.

Please let me know what you think! There are no other issues with other fish in the tank.
IMG_2112.JPG
What are his tank mates?

OP
OP
Chris Van Daele

Chris Van Daele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, coral beauty, and a spotted puffer. I have not noticed any aggression in the tank but I suppose it could be possible. I just wanted to make sure he is getting the correct nutrition and this isn't the sign of disease.

FizxVix3n

Feb2018 1st SW tank - BC29
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori is seaweed. It comes in sheets. Your LFS should have it.

Ok I have what might possibly be a dumb question... is the nori at the LFS the same nori you can get from the grocery store? Does the LFS type include additional vitamins or maybe not include something you’d might get with the sushi grade nori? Thanks and I’m sorry if I missed the obvious!

OP
OP
Chris Van Daele

Chris Van Daele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good question, I was also wondering that! I also seem to see very conflicting advice on how much/often to feed your fish. I have seen everything from 3-4 times a day to not even feeding them every day. Another issue I find with my fish is some are more aggressive eaters than others so some are getting fat while others like my foxface are a bit on the skinny side

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have what might possibly be a dumb question... is the nori at the LFS the same nori you can get from the grocery store? Does the LFS type include additional vitamins or maybe not include something you’d might get with the sushi grade nori? Thanks and I’m sorry if I missed the obvious!
Not

FizxVix3n

Feb2018 1st SW tank - BC29
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe you guys are so awesome [emoji173]️ thanks for the info about the nori! Could the foxface have run into some rock and scraped his/her side?

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a dumb question at all. I would not get the nori from the grocery store
Hehe you guys are so awesome [emoji173]️ thanks for the info about the nori! Could the foxface have run into some rock and scraped his/her side?
wish I could help with what is going on with your foxface but I'm not an expert in diagnosing fish problems. Good luck, I'm sure someone here will give you more info

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it could be an infection. needs to build up immune system.Nori with some selcon added to it.might help

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen everything from 3-4 times a day to not even feeding them every day.
You need to feed your fish multiple times a day. People who don't are trying to keep from adding nutrients to tank water.And that's just bad advice for keeping fish.

OP
OP
Chris Van Daele

Chris Van Daele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally thought that it may be a scrape from running into some rock.....it's been there a couple days now though and I haven't seen much change. Hopefully it's not an infection!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back