TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it was so they should have made it 100% right

This was about a month ago, I since then reinforced the sump with additional solvent and installed it- the tank is cycling. So even if returning it was available, I couldn’t at this point.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Router tear-out all over, chipped corners, glue dripping down pretty much all panels, enough bubbles in seams that chambers leak into the other, etc.

I hesitated to even accept the 20%. But to send it back and ship another would be too expensive.

p5IrVLW.jpg

HoDC0p1.jpg
Looks like my diy coast to coast i did my first time ever messing with acrylic. Not sure I want to drop the cash if its like that.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my diy coast to coast i did my first time ever messing with acrylic. Not sure I want to drop the cash if its like that.

Perhaps make a post asking other owners to post detailed photos of their SRS sumps. The design is excellent- just the craftsmanship was the issue.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT USE THAT SUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

you should have received a 100% refund and shouldn’t have to return it. they should also have begged for your forgiveness and offered you a discount on a correctly-made sump.

there are just a ton of fly-by-night companies in the acrylic game, most of which don’t know the scientific side of working with acrylic. it’s sad. and don’t get me started on these insanely over complicated sump systems which are all for show and big bucks. but what do i know, i’ve only been working with plastics for 15 years. ;Joyful

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

you should have received a 100% refund and shouldn’t have to return it. they should also have begged for your forgiveness and offered you a discount on a correctly-made sump.

there are just a ton of fly-by-night companies in the acrylic game, most of which don’t know the scientific side of working with acrylic. it’s sad. and don’t get me started on these insanely over complicated sump systems which are all for show and big bucks. but what do i know, i’ve only been working with plastics for 15 years. ;Joyful
They wanted @TheHarold to pay the return shipping on top of it. Talk about adding insult to injury.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They wanted @TheHarold to pay the return shipping on top of it. Talk about adding insult to injury.

i know!!! that’s unfortunate.

hey i’ll be the first to admit that mistakes can happen, even for a pro like me. i own up to it and do whatever i can to make it right. it’s business 101.

the customer is always right.......
even when they’re wrong.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree their response was not satisfactory. But what can I do? Nothing sadly.

Yeah, wish I went with Bashsea or Geosreef.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree their response was not satisfactory. But what can I do? Nothing sadly.

Yeah, wish I went with Bashsea or Geosreef.

yeah sorry, i just read that you already have it set up. fyi, if you didn’t get another sump, the swap wouldn’t be too bad.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back