What is your favourite underrated marine fish?

captainsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Underrated fish in my opinion are chalk bass and flame hawk, the flame hawk has such a cute face and the chalk bass has beautiful blue stripes which really shine when the light catches it.
Flame hawk killed all the fish in my tank. Be careful with those demons!!

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here's some pictures of my Genicanthus Bellus male. Definitely a looker. Bit of a bully to some of my smaller fish but nothing terrible. Need to get him a lady in his life maybe. Had to separate him from my Lennardi wrasse. I like my Bellus, but the Lennardi will win out in a Sophie's Choice battle every time.

Dsc05120.jpg
Dsc05137.jpg
He definitely has the grumpy old man face perfected!

Aari007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the true coris wrasses. I'm talking about the red coris, formosa, & twinspot wrasse. Not many people have them, but I absolutely love them!

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if its "Under rated" or not but another vote for the flame hawk. We liked our first so much we bought a second. They have a ton of personality and are one of the favorites in our tank. I liken them to the French Bulldog of the fish world. We have a Frenchie as well. Similar personalities too.

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By sheer coincidence I just posted this "I was in a hurry and meant to buy a Decorated Firefish, also did not have my glasses. When I got home I realised I had a magnifica not a decora I was dissapointed and planned on swapping it for the Decora. But honestly I looked at in in my tank and WOW! I fell in love;) It is the most stunning fish with no bad habbits at all. I know it is not expensive or rare but I am so glad of the fortunate mistake. I think it has to be the most underrated fish out there...it delights me. Anybody out there in agtreement. or otherwise? Any other suggestions of other underated fish with good manners? Have a really bad photo of an interaction in my nano reef. The same however cannot be said about my lemon Goby it is a pest that I regret buying!"

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back