What kind of skimmer is this?

Punchy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I once saw a protein skimmer a long time ago that I thought looked nice. It was a very simple, very clean, very elegant design. It was just a small, clear glass or plastic tube with a wood airstone at the bottom and a cup at the top. If I remember correctly, it just hung on the back of the tank. Like I said, it was a VERY simple design. However, I don't really know what kind of skimmer it's called conceptually.
Thanks

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I once saw a protein skimmer a long time ago that I thought looked nice. It was a very simple, very clean, very elegant design. It was just a small, clear glass or plastic tube with a wood airstone at the bottom and a cup at the top. If I remember correctly, it just hung on the back of the tank. Like I said, it was a VERY simple design. However, I don't really know what kind of skimmer it's called conceptually.
Thanks

I had this version of the Reef Glass in my biocube and it worked great. The key is find someone on e bay or amazon that has the wood stones in bulk. There are a lot of people who make them and they work just as well as the names ones
IMG_3434.JPG

OP
OP
P

Punchy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this version of the Reef Glass in my biocube and it worked great. The key is find someone on e bay or amazon that has the wood stones in bulk. There are a lot of people who make them and they work just as well as the names ones
IMG_3434.JPG
It looked a little more like this one. Or perhaps the middle way between the two examples given so far.

High ICP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a bong blower that made glass skimmers

And there is the Mame. Which has bad reviews.

OP
OP
P

Punchy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this thing probably 15 years ago or more (probably more). So it was a long time ago.
What kinds of skimmers are popular and common with 'reefer's' these days?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back