What light for a 40g breeder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WIReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
5,158
Reaction score
27,438
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a light for a 40g breeder kind of want to keep cost a little down since it’s my frag tank but looking to grow some basic sps such is Montis and birds nest, and just some sofys. Thinking about t5 but not sure what do you guys think?
 
Since its frag tank, and you want to keep costs down, I would use Viparspectra and call it a day. It will grow any coral you want, and it is cheap. 2 165W units would be more than enough, or maybe even 1 300W unit should do the trick.
 
Since its frag tank, and you want to keep costs down, I would use Viparspectra and call it a day. It will grow any coral you want, and it is cheap. 2 165W units would be more than enough, or maybe even 1 300W unit should do the trick.
Okay thanks I will look I to it!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new