What makes a tank eye catching to you?

HaiFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me, there are a lot of visually pleasing tanks on here. From tanks with unique fish, or tanks filled with coral, there is nothing short of variety on here. I am wondering, what makes a tank visually pleasing to you? Is it the livestock in the tank? or is it the way they have their layout. Curious to see what everyone says!
Defiantly the bright colors of the corals that pop out at you and wave in the current.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t break it. So I told my wife I need another tank because this one’s getting full and I have no plans to stop buying/collecting corals
That's a good call...buajajajaja!!! Back in the days an old wise reefer friend of mine told me, "If your wife isn't catch by the hobby, go buy it and explain later". Buajajajaja

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see my tank is getting full plus I have multiple frag racks and shelves with great corals growing and I don’t have anywhere to put them all. It’s clear I need another tank lol

Even resorted to gluing frags to the overflow wall!

And my 25 head Duncan colony is temporary in qt due to a fish biting it
4F70765C-2270-44D1-B855-38AA486F6FFA.jpeg 0EB48C39-5CD9-4415-B846-739CD3E6BC82.jpeg

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VintageReefer definitely you are getting into a precarious momentum... buajajajaja!!!, you will need to for the next month's or weeks to please your half one with date nights, breakfast in the bed and what not, so she got soft for your birthday or anniversary . Just another trick...buajajajaja!

But without high jacking this tread and getting back to it. After my last wife pass away and I neglected the tank to a crash. My new approach is what I'm doing now, " buy, grow, visualize and repeat".

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the scape matters a lot. I also prefer mixed reefs over an all sps tank.

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color and negative space.
Gonna agree this this but I think color contrasting is important too. I'm personally not a fan of the deep blue, rainbow tank look. While I understand they can look striking in their own way, I don't find it visually appealing.

For me, I love a proper 'centerpiece' of the tank that is basically alone in its coloration, and then the other things in the tank can help compliment that. My tank has naturally evolved to be much more anemone focused than I ever anticipated, with my Chicago Sunburst growing to a massive size, becoming a natural, bright orange centerpiece to the tank.

Splashes of green, yellow, white, blue etc from the corals around the tank help make it all standout.

IMG_8275.jpg

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always cool when I see a tank that is just full of torches or anemones that are just moving due to the flow in the tank
I can't agree more, I liked too, movements, beside the fishes swimming side to side, up and down, in and out. I want to see the look of rip currents inside the tank. But, another cool currents mover are the gonies, alveos, well stablish and in the right place, with the right flow... Uffff, breath-taking :astonished-face::p:cool:

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back