What new fish? Help me pick

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my Blonde Naso to unknown causes. Looking for replacement ideas. Undecided...

125 g mixed reef. 6 ft.

current stock is:
2 blue-green chromis
2 ocellaris clowns
1 domino damsel (large)
1 royal gramma
1 engineer goby (adult)
1 hippa tang
1 yellow tang
1 foxface
1 kole tang
1 azure damsel

I love naso Tangs but they do get large eventually. I have been thinking clown tang or sohal or maybe that Bellus angelfish or another that is reef safe. Any thoughts?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown tangs are known for being super evil.

Maybe a nice trigger like a blue jaw or pink tail would be nice? There’s lots of gorgeous reef safe varieties, these are just my two favorites that are within most budgets

Puffer fish have excellent personalities, I really like the Stars and Stripes puffer but the dogface is especially known for it’s personality.

A male Wantanabei angelfish is on the dream list for me, I think they are one of the prettiest ‘dwarf’ angels out there! Just be aware that select individuals may find corals tasty so you have to take a chance but imo, it’s worth the risk

Have you looked at purple tangs? They seem to get along quite well with yellow tangs and are quite stunning.

maybe even look into a pyramid butterfly fish! Those are great fish and one of the few reef safe angelfish, and they have a way better success rate than copperheads :)

just some options to chew on, all great fish with their own pros and cons so please research before you buy and make an informed decision!

Back