What plans do you have for the future of your reef tank?

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growth. My 57 is pretty stocked right now. Just waiting for it to fill in. Might add a few more zoas and another fish or two. The past 6 months i've really worked on getting all the parameters where they need to be and stable. I'd like to get a PAR meter and make sure my lights are optimum.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to remove the gsp and treat it with napalm. While it's still burning I'm going to grab my clowns and smush them into my anemones.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay on same course, have removed a few things over the last few years to simplify...seems to be working. Add about another 5 lbs of rock to grow scape a bit higher, room for a couple new species, aid in filtration. The real question for me is do I add live rock or dry rock to a 20+ year system.... I have heard arguments for both. Leaning toward dry, to avoid potential pest introduction... oh, and more flow. Will purchase at least one gyre soon.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get about 20 pounds live rock, get parameters stable and start down the road to corals, I also have plans to get a 220+ and have it and the 125 both on sumps.

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking to do to change your reef tank for the better in the future?
I have two small tanks. One has a yellow tail damsel, it is so charismatic.. just really a beautiful little tenacious critter.. feather duster, hermits and star coral.. live sand.. new dry rock coming... I plan on placing the new dry rock in the tank, no curing and just watching the antics. As long as there is life on the rock, eventually, that just shows me the ocean reef has sustainability with conservation and study to continue growth. Plans? To grow academically from the experience.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early days in my saltwater journey.so just plod on and get few more fish 1- 2 a month.after 6 month mark get few soft corals and slowly add hermits/ snails/ shrimps as needed and try keep my tank as stable as possible and then take it from there ( whether thats add a refugium if needed,or add some extra led lights to go with my t5's) and continue to research as i go and get advice and give advice if i know the answer or point someone in right direction so they can get the answer themselves.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to remove the gsp and treat it with napalm. While it's still burning I'm going to grab my clowns and smush them into my anemones.
I knew gsp was the devil!
I can't get it to take off in my tank no matter what I've tried... seems I am lucky and should quit while I am ahead . Maybe @Jekyl could borrow some of my water to kill it lol?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get it to take off in my tank no matter what I've tried... seems I am lucky and should quit while I am ahead . Maybe @Jekyl could borrow some of my water to kill it lol?
I'm bringing in an old priest and a young priest this weekend.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to install a beer fridge and lazy boy in front of my reef, grab some amazing headphones and maybe get some better glasses. Yes, ladies, I am single!

chilling la-z-boy GIF by Party Down South

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m already building a 50 g lowboy display refugium that I plan to hook up to main tank and breed cuttlefish in! Honestly, I started with the cuttles as an idea and the main 75g display is second priority. But since it’s the same system, maintenance will be easier.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals and macros for my mixed reef peninsula AIO arrive this coming Wednesday. It will have feather dusters as well. I’m excited to have a wide variety of types!

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on tearing down my SPS / montipora wacky 20L and going back to FW, but growth is insane so I might keep it a bit longer. Ive been having good results with some test acros, so I might test that envelope a bit more and clear out some montis to make room.

I just need for frag meets to start back up. Not paying online prices for sticks i can get at a swap for 1/5 the price.

twall73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking forward to getting my new coral in my 30 gallon cube. I just put my second round of fish in the tank - a Firefish and a Six Line Wrasse. Unfortunately the Firefish disappeared after 24 hours. My goal is to be able to put a Mandarin in the tank around the 1 year mark.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking of taking my tank down maybe next year, But I have to see what the future brings. :cool:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back