What products to use?

rooneyj889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am currently running just a canister filter on my 75 gallon tank. I currently only have fish in there but after I finish my new setup will plan on doing corals. My current plan is to ditch the canister filter and put a sump in my basement. This is because I am currently planning on adding another tank of around 200 gallons to the system next spring/summer as well as a smaller, specialized tank (think seahorses, octopus, anemone and clowns) but since neither will fit on the first floor, I am gonna keep the 75g. So, I currently plan on setting up the fish room and using a 150 gallon rubbermaid tub as the sump and a 40 breeder or a 55 for a refugium. Does anyone have any suggestions for a skimmer to run on this setup? I want something that can handle a heavy bioload but I don't need a DC skimmer because I dont really want to spend the money for one. Additionally, because the plan is to run one return pump up to the 75 and then gravity feed it down to the new tanks and then to the tank/fuge, any recommendations for pumps that can handle that length and head pressure? Any other suggestions for other equipment would be great as well.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a tight lid on the octopus tank and a good flash light for when it escapes

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back