What salt do you use.

  • Thread starter Thread starter whammack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

What salt do you use?


  • Total voters
    155
Aquaforest reef salt. Mixes clean, icp for every batch, and mixes quickly. Goes on sale frequently for a decent price compared to other salts
Do you happen to have it's specs after mixed, like alkalinity, calcium, magnesium?
 
Do you happen to have it's specs after mixed, like alkalinity, calcium, magnesium?
Should be able to find it on their product offering page. Imo, unless you are running a high end acro setup, most of the salts on offer are of a high enough quality they can be used, and will roughly get you in the appropriate ballpark, parameter wise. Several manufacturers make "high alk" mixes for demanding tanks, but most people won't need them and the alk can be pretty high for average use cases.
There's tons of tank of the months that use Instant Ocean and have for years. I honestly think that other than trace element makeup, proper maintenance is more important than which brand of salt you use.
 
I was just looking at the fritz rpm yesterday.
I have liked it so far. Used blue bucket for a long time (Red Sea Coral) and switched because the price kept rising and I also didn't think it mixed as cleanly (and had a weird minty odor that I found unnerving lol)
 
Should be able to find it on their product offering page. Imo, unless you are running a high end acro setup, most of the salts on offer are of a high enough quality they can be used, and will roughly get you in the appropriate ballpark, parameter wise. Several manufacturers make "high alk" mixes for demanding tanks, but most people won't need them and the alk can be pretty high for average use cases.
There's tons of tank of the months that use Instant Ocean and have for years. I honestly think that other than trace element makeup, proper maintenance is more important than which brand of salt you use.
I agree, I thought with so many salts and there being such a small difference in the salts, it would be helpful to see what others are buying.
 
A poll without instant ocean on it..


Season 12 GIF by The Bachelorette
 
Aquaforest reef salt. Mixes clean, icp for every batch, and mixes quickly. Goes on sale frequently for a decent price compared to other salts
Where do you buy Aquaforest from? I wanted to give a chance but wasn't sure where to buy from.
 
I use ESV B-Ionic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new