What salt do you use?

• Total voters

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I just purchased a bucket of Red Sea reef pro coral. But now I’m wondering is that the best? (Of course afterwards) I saw a video about salt on BRS and they gave two other recommendations for e.v.s and tropic marine. From what I can see they are all around the same price. So which one?

Answer the poll and tell me why you like what you use

Parent_usmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used instant ocean and red seas .. i prefer red sea because it mixes so clean and fast. And I noticed that the instant ocean left a reddish tint in my mixing buckets..

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instant Ocean for decades.

DSC_0268.JPG

FamilyMan_4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz RPM blue box.
I was hoping to use this because of its good price, and reviews. But no one in my area stocks it, so I didn't want to be stuck relying on online orders unfortunately.
But from what I found online, it mixed similarly and had similar params as the Aquaforest. Just that the aquaforest is stocked by a couple LFS's in my area.

U

User1

View Badges
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals (RC). I've used it forever mainly due to the price here at the LFS stores. Also I try and maintain ALk at 8.x so it seems to work.

Having said that and nothing but good success with IO RC I am switching to Tropic Marin Bio Actif. I am dosing TM AFR so figured might as well try their salt and see what shakes out.

Personally speaking I don't think salt matters other than how the hobbyist makes and stores it. BRS did do a great job of testing salt mix and its parameters based on storage duration. Well worth the watch and about the only other reason why I'd consider changing.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to use this because of its good price, and reviews. But no one in my area stocks it, so I didn't want to be stuck relying on online orders unfortunately.
But from what I found online, it mixed similarly and had similar params as the Aquaforest. Just that the aquaforest is stocked by a couple LFS's in my area.
Good to know. I’ve been thinking about using some of their products

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new and can't say much about one brand vs. another. I am using tropic marin pro since while researching to get started I watched the BRS vids.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back