What Salt do YOU use?!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the synthetics, hw marinemix reefer, tropic marin pro, aquaforest reef.
They mix faster and cleaner, lowish dkh. 7 to 8

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will always be and always use ESV been a user and addict of their salt since 2014 and never went back. Such a clean mixing / quick but complex at times for measurement if you aren't using a scale. Other then that. Perfection of a salt.

But to be honest, over the past 6 months I have changed and went to RedSea purple bucket. This salt I was always sketchy about even when I started the hobby. Now... 10 scoops in just over 10gallons, water while heating up to 77-78 mix for about 3-4 hours at most. Make sure nothing is in the bucket and boom all done, such a great salt and I'll tell you... I have been getting insane growth on all my sps as well shrooms.

Anyways. That's my share, any questions feel free to quote me! Or @ me

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for the IORC. Same as above.. cheap, reliable, easy to find, Mixes well and I see no issues with my tank using it.

IF I can see a majority vote where there is definite reliable and repeatable advantages to using the more expensive stuff, I will consider switching over. But, as it is today, I don't see any reason to use the higher priced products.

Just my $0.02

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz RPM. It mixes quickly and crystal clear. I like that each bag/box has a batch number and that you can call to see what their test results for that batch are. It mixes at the levels that I want and while it’s not the cheapest salt, it’s certainly not the most expensive. I’m not married to any one brand of salt, I’ve used most of the popular salts, but right now I’m really liking Fritz RPM. The one I haven’t tried and want to is Tropic Marin Pro, maybe if it’s ever in stock I will give it a go.

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My choice for my Temperate 55F 30 gallon AIO system....

Attachments

• 20210422_174201.jpg
    20210422_174201.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 22

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at this as a replacement to TM Pro. What do you think of LA salt?
I keep on getting high measurements for Calcium and Alkalinity, but it seems to be because I don't use RODI water. Probably.

High as in like 500+ ppm calc and 14+ kH even when I mix 1.024 or something. But again, yeah, could be because of my water.

It mixes well though. No residue or anything like that that I can see or have seen posted about other salts. Also mixes pretty... fast? I guess? Not sure if that is a thing. XD But yeah it measures around the same salinity after half an hour of mixing as it does after a few hours.

So actually, I really like it. Yeah.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally instant ocean. Sodium chloride is sodium chloride.

However, since I haven't done a water change in ages and my SPS grow like weeds not sure if that qualifies :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back