- Joined
- Oct 20, 2022
- Messages
- 1,112
- Reaction score
- 848
- Location
- USA
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
Nyos salt.
Has their parameters listed on the bag/box
Mixes really clean
Has parameters that I want (good alk, mag, calc)
And it's about the same price as the other 'premium' salts without being as nutty as the 'ultra premium' salt.
I tried Red Sea blue/black, hw marin, Two Little Fishies (hard to find), and Fritz
Nyos is vastly superior to all of them IMO.
Nyos seems like the ideal salt from everything I can tell and I don't plan on switching
Has their parameters listed on the bag/box
Mixes really clean
Has parameters that I want (good alk, mag, calc)
And it's about the same price as the other 'premium' salts without being as nutty as the 'ultra premium' salt.
I tried Red Sea blue/black, hw marin, Two Little Fishies (hard to find), and Fritz
Nyos is vastly superior to all of them IMO.
Your results (and the video going over it) are what helped guide my choices, and my results were fairly consistent with what you had reportedNYOS has been my go to but there are 5 or 6 I’d use if they’re on sale.
Why? Because I tested the majority of them.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-ultimate-salt-test.949805/
Nyos seems like the ideal salt from everything I can tell and I don't plan on switching
Last edited:
