What salt is everyone using and why

Nyos salt.

Has their parameters listed on the bag/box

Mixes really clean

Has parameters that I want (good alk, mag, calc)

And it's about the same price as the other 'premium' salts without being as nutty as the 'ultra premium' salt.

I tried Red Sea blue/black, hw marin, Two Little Fishies (hard to find), and Fritz

Nyos is vastly superior to all of them IMO.

NYOS has been my go to but there are 5 or 6 I’d use if they’re on sale.

Why? Because I tested the majority of them.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-ultimate-salt-test.949805/
Your results (and the video going over it) are what helped guide my choices, and my results were fairly consistent with what you had reported

Nyos seems like the ideal salt from everything I can tell and I don't plan on switching
 
Last edited:
interesting. maybe i should try it...i had looked at it awhile back when i was trying to decide which salt to go with :thinking-face:
 
Red Sea Coral Pro because,

1. Always available and has not inflated much over the years.

2. Consistent every time.

3. Mixes clean.
 
Surprised everyone is using IO reef salt instead of their sea salt version when sea salt is the cheaper product. Any reason for that?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new