What should I do? Tank troubles.

Juka087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.

So i have a nuvo 25 that has been up since October. Its only goal is to grow zoanthids. Within it is 1 frag rack, and 1 mp10. The lighting is t5s with a reef brite strip. The filter media is seachem matrix.

Basically I managed to acquire digitate hydroids, and they are not going away. I have not fed the tank reef roids in months, and the two clownfish in it i feed every other day with a small amount of pellets.

The problem is the hydroids attach to frag plugs, and if i sell someone a coral. Well they are going to get hydroids. The frags it attaches to the zoas dont seem to grow. Some do some dont. I cant feed the tank so nutrients are low.

Despite all this i have some rare interesting pieces growing. Hallucinations,grim reapers,hephaestus, and solar circus. Expensive stuff.

I dont want to just throw it all away. But i dont want to continue to buy corals that may very well die or become infected as well. I really have no idea what to do. I am at a crossroads.

What would you do?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys.

So i have a nuvo 25 that has been up since October. Its only goal is to grow zoanthids. Within it is 1 frag rack, and 1 mp10. The lighting is t5s with a reef brite strip. The filter media is seachem matrix.

Basically I managed to acquire digitate hydroids, and they are not going away. I have not fed the tank reef roids in months, and the two clownfish in it i feed every other day with a small amount of pellets.

The problem is the hydroids attach to frag plugs, and if i sell someone a coral. Well they are going to get hydroids. The frags it attaches to the zoas dont seem to grow. Some do some dont. I cant feed the tank so nutrients are low.

Despite all this i have some rare interesting pieces growing. Hallucinations,grim reapers,hephaestus, and solar circus. Expensive stuff.

I dont want to just throw it all away. But i dont want to continue to buy corals that may very well die or become infected as well. I really have no idea what to do. I am at a crossroads.

What would you do?
Scrape them off outside of tank at the base

OP
OP
J

Juka087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe
Yes. See the problem is it would seem that it doesnt work.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are also in the tank and the overflows. Randomly all over. It would be great if the fenbendazole worked, but apparently it doesnt.
Starving them is best method but means you cannot feed the tank for several days. They love brine shrimp mainly

OP
OP
J

Juka087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starving them is best method but means you cannot feed the tank for several days. They love brine shrimp mainly
Right. I currently only feed the tank pellets every other day. For the 2 clownfish in the tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back