What skimmer would you use in Trigger System Sump?

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deltec 1660 or maybe the lower version depending on your stocking levels. I have the Deltec 1455 for my 180 with a Sapphire 39 sump. Rhey don't take up much room at all.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to make some changes to my skimmer in my sump. I currently have a Trigger Systems Sapphire 39 on a 220gal tank. I am preparing to try out the Triton Method. I would LOVE to buy the new Triton 44 Trigger but since I've had this sump less than a year I can't quite justify it. So to make the best of my current equipment, I am going to move my skimmer back to the the current refugium section which is 10.5 x 15.5. The problem is that my current skimmer is Reef Octopus that is too large to move to that section. It takes up the 14 x 15.5 section of the sump with minimal clearance. So that being said, what would everyone recommend for internal skimmer? I haven't had any issues with my Reef Octopus in the 4 years I've had it, but am open to other brands. Thanks for any suggestions.
sump.jpg

I have a quick question for you. I have a Sapphire 39 for my 180 that isn't setup yet. Being you have a bigger tank, do you have issues with the sump overflowing if the pumps are off? Or do you have to keep the return nozzles right at the surface? I would like to install random flow generators on each return, but don't know if it'll siphon too much water back down.

vasilithegreek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was curious at what every ones noise level is/if any, you have with your trigger sump? Just trying to get a gauge on noise level from people that have this sump.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most skimmer are under rating size, looking for a smaller skimmer, worst thing that could happen is it produces alot of sludge. The triton method should be able to run almost skimmerless

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back