What species is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter I<3Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

I<3Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2017
Messages
94
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told it was a leptoseris, any idea what specific species? Or if that’s even correct, I’ve never seen anything like it.

39720a08412783def486279d2ead8046.jpg
 
Looks like it could be a litho plate coral but I can't tell if the white spots are mouths or what.
 
Looks like a blue eye leptoseris.

I think you’re right or very close! That’s the closest thing on the web I’ve seen of it, it may just be an interesting variation of the blue eye lepto. The way it’s growing out remind me almost of a peackocks tail.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new