What Substrate do you have in your sump/refugium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoechance
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zoechance

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2012
Messages
305
Reaction score
5
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Again Happy MLK day and Happy Inauguration Day!
Well I am filling my 90g soon to be mixed reef tank. I do have a Trigger System sump refugium and in the refugium section I plan on growing macroalgea. In my display i will have a 2-3inch sand bed and don't want a DSB in my refugium. People use miracle mud or rubble or just more sand. any suggestions?? much appreciate your experience
thanks
Barbara
 
Absolutely nothing in my sump. I like to keep in clean. But I run a low nutrient system also.
 
The refugium on my 75 has 1" of garf grunge in the bottom and my big tank just has a few large pieces of live rock.

Sent from my galaxy s3
 
I have no substrate in my refuge, but I will not be growing anything that needs to place its roots somewhere.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new