What Tang Should I Add?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbrown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Someone say orange tang?

Screenshot_20230123_220132_Chrome.jpg
This totally looks like a BattleCorals pic!
 
Genicanthus angel... bellus, spotbreast and masked swallowtail are nice. Especially when they get those streamers grown out


So many tanks are a tang gang + clowns and maybe some other random crap thrown in..

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
 
Genicanthus angel... bellus, spotbreast and masked swallowtail are nice. Especially when they get those streamers grown out


So many tanks are a tang gang + clowns and maybe some other random crap thrown in..

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
I just looked up the Genicanthus group of Angels. Definitely nice looking fish! It would mean no Flasher/Fairy wrasses in the future probably.
 
I just looked up the Genicanthus group of Angels. Definitely nice looking fish! It would mean no Flasher/Fairy wrasses in the future probably.

Fairy and flashers have relatively short life spans anyways and like to suicide, screw em. Get some leopard wrasses instead!
 
Fairy and flashers have relatively short life spans anyways and like to suicide, screw em. Get some leopard wrasses instead!
I've got a Melanurus. Leopard is probably not on my list for now. They're definitely cool looking though!
 
I just looked up the Genicanthus group of Angels. Definitely nice looking fish! It would mean no Flasher/Fairy wrasses in the future probably.

I've got a Japanese swallowtail angel and two fairy wrasses in my 80 gallon lagoon. Why do you say they shouldn't be kept together?
 
I've got a Japanese swallowtail angel and two fairy wrasses in my 80 gallon lagoon. Why do you say they shouldn't be kept together?
They're a "with caution" fish along with Anthias. Not all Swallowtail say that but it's probably because they eat the same food.
 
They're a "with caution" fish along with Anthias. Not all Swallowtail say that but it's probably because they eat the same food.
Ah, yeah, I'm sure it's cause they eat the same food. I just feed heavy. They're all fat.
 
For a smallish/mid size tank like your, you can't miss with a Yellow or Purple tang
PurpleTang2020032203.jpg
YellowTang2019052801.jpg
YellowTang2019102201.jpg
 
Your tank isn't large enough for a sailfin, unfortunately. If you want a zebrasoma species, I would say purple or gem. Otherwise, if looking for an acanthurus species, lavender all the way. Either way, with an established tomini, be prepared to give it a time out for a little while, or rearrange your scape a bit to stave off aggression.
 

Attachments

  • acanthurus-nigrofuscus-4.jpg
    acanthurus-nigrofuscus-4.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 65
Your tank isn't large enough for a sailfin, unfortunately. If you want a zebrasoma species, I would say purple or gem. Otherwise, if looking for an acanthurus species, lavender all the way. Either way, with an established tomini, be prepared to give it a time out for a little while, or rearrange your scape a bit to stave off aggression.
Well if you say no then I have to do it!
 

Attachments

  • communityIcon_hay4cpjw3rw31.jpg
    communityIcon_hay4cpjw3rw31.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 65

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new