What tank should a shark go in?

Chadlejr85

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Londonderry
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about starting a shark tank and I don't know how many gallons I need, I've heard 200 and like 300 gallon which one do you guys think I should get?

Thank you,
 
I've been thinking about starting a shark tank and I don't know how many gallons I need, I've heard 200 and like 300 gallon which one do you guys think I should get?

Thank you,
Only the coral catsharks would be comfortable in tanks smaller than 300 gallons. The bamboo sharks grow surprisingly large. Epaulettes don’t move much, so they will survive in that size tank, but I don’t think that is best welfare for them.
Also - tank footprint is more important than tank volume.

Jay
 
Upvote 0
Only the coral catsharks would be comfortable in tanks smaller than 300 gallons. The bamboo sharks grow surprisingly large. Epaulettes don’t move much, so they will survive in that size tank, but I don’t think that is best welfare for them.

Jay
Thank you I'll probably go with a 250 and the coral catshark. Thank you for your help.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you I'll probably go with a 250 and the coral catshark. Thank you for your help.
when looking for a tank for sharks, it's important to keep their swimming habits in mind. Coral catsharks are relatively benthic, so they need a lot of floor space. Most of your standard dimension aquariums have a lot of vertical space the sharks aren't super likely to use. So shorter aquariums with a greater area are preferable.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new