What to do after velvet outbreak

Mr.tang999

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.....
After my tank got struck with velvet I lost all of my fish except 2 wrasses and a yellow watchman goby. the last fish died over one month ago. So I think they are save so far.... Now ive got the big problem that some people say that this 3 fish will still remain as hosts. But I cant get them between my reef structure to set them in quarantine. Is ist safe to run a UV to stop this ?
Would be really great if someone could help me with this situation. I really want to add some fishes again. 150 gallon with 3 fish feels pretty empty. All my corals are doing great tho!
Thank you to everybody that trys to help me :)
 
I went through this to and it’s not worth trying to add any fish to that tank. I mean you could try but the chances are, even with uv, the velvet will kill the incoming fish. I had to remove the fish that survived and put them in quarantine with copper and did a fallow period. It’s a really brutal disease (as we both know) and I didn’t want to risk putting my fish through that again. I would look up some creative ways to catch your fish and quarantine them. That’s my opinion but there may be a solution I’d not know about
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new