What to do after velvet outbreak

Mr.tang999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.....
After my tank got struck with velvet I lost all of my fish except 2 wrasses and a yellow watchman goby. the last fish died over one month ago. So I think they are save so far.... Now ive got the big problem that some people say that this 3 fish will still remain as hosts. But I cant get them between my reef structure to set them in quarantine. Is ist safe to run a UV to stop this ?
Would be really great if someone could help me with this situation. I really want to add some fishes again. 150 gallon with 3 fish feels pretty empty. All my corals are doing great tho!
Thank you to everybody that trys to help me :)

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this to and it’s not worth trying to add any fish to that tank. I mean you could try but the chances are, even with uv, the velvet will kill the incoming fish. I had to remove the fish that survived and put them in quarantine with copper and did a fallow period. It’s a really brutal disease (as we both know) and I didn’t want to risk putting my fish through that again. I would look up some creative ways to catch your fish and quarantine them. That’s my opinion but there may be a solution I’d not know about

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back