What to do for a dying urchin

Bkimberlin14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2018
Messages
69
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My girlfriend got a tuxedo urchin and put it in her tank without realizing her nitrates were 30-40. The urchin is now slowly starting to lose its spines

Could I throw the guy in my tank which has stable parameters and hope he bounces back? Or is it too late/not worth it to attempt a rescue? I already have a Halloween urchin in my 45g (Sorry for lack of pictures tank lights are off)
 
Trying to put it in your tank would be your best bet if you don’t have a QT tank to put it back in.
 
Trying to put it in your tank would be your best bet if you don’t have a QT tank to put it back in.

That’s what I will do then. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new