What to do in a power out?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I picked up a 3300 watt 4000 surge watt 33 amp 120 volt generator last week off of ebay real cheap, and will hook up to my house. I will only be able to selectively run things in my house, but can still run my gas furnace, window ac, everything but the clothes dryer, and the water heater, but just not everything at once. And being a smaller generator, I can take it on jobs if needed, and still handle it by myself. Not bad for $230 delivered. They have since raised the price to $300. I picked up a 30 amp double pole breaker to pigtail the hot wire on the generator cord to for $25, and ordered a L5-30P male connector to connect to the generator for $7 delivered. 10 feet of 10-2 cord wire for about $21 at Lowes will have it going shortly, I think. I will only be able to turn one of the poles of the breaker on at a time, and therefore can only run what is on the pole that is turned on, but much better than nothing to fall back on. God willing, we will never have to use it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new