What to do with Clownfish babies

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. I've gotten the raising of rotifers, and clownfish kind of down. I have over 100 ocellaris clownfish past meta, and was wondering what others do with their clowns. Do you sell them wholesale? Do you sell them to a LFS? Do you sell them online? It's a little more difficult for me to sell them locally, since most of the stores in the area have closed, and my friend breeds clowns as well. Any info would be helpful.

phil519

Got Rotifers?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congratulations.

I have donated my babies to our local club for new folks to win via raffle. I also had the luck to give away some of my clowns to a local non-profit school geared for aquatics. I am looking forward to seeing how they are as we have a club meeting at the aquarium (the school has a lab in the basement). But if you want to defer cost from raising the clowns, then you'll have to find an LFS willing to pay or trade you for the babies. With me raising clowns was never about money - though a few bucks here an there helped - it was more to show others that it can be done, and you don't have to be a genius to do it (i certainly am not any more special than most reefers).

OP
OP
laskopyre

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be sold to offset the cost of salt, Nanno paste, electric and water. My friend sells his to the LFS in the area, and gives to the local club. I just figure I'd raise a few a month.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back