OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was happy in that spot before then you're probably correct to rule out light/flow. If there is algea constantly touching the polyps then it will absolutely cause them to close up. I'd still strongly recommend getting at least some cheap test kits (not API) to test the more important parameters.
Just dipped it in hydrogen peroxide but that doesn’t seem to help, and I noticed some red cyno I think should I dip it in chemiclean?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dipped it in hydrogen peroxide but that doesn’t seem to help, and I noticed some red cyno I think should I dip it in chemiclean?
No!!! Do not do that...agree parameters, need to be measured. How about taking some of your water into your local fish store to start that process? I remember you mentioning before that your tank had little to no evaporation. Is this still the case, and are you topping off occasionally with RODI?

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No!!! Do not do that...agree parameters, need to be measured. How about taking some of your water into your local fish store to start that process? I remember you mentioning before that your tank had little to no evaporation. Is this still the case, and are you topping off occasionally with RODI?
Still very little evaporation and the bad thing is that my lfs is like 45 minutes away

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to appropriately address your problem, you need to slow down and identify water parameters, do a lot of research on this blog, then develop and execute a "treatment" plan which can also include doing nothing.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to keep coral then you have to be able to test parameters. There's no way around it. When ever there's an issue it will be the first question asked.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%

Back