What to do with Hermit Molts?

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Messages
92
Reaction score
53
Location
Stone Mountain, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make things simple, do saltwater blue/red legged hermit crabs eat their molts? Mine have molted several times, and I am unsure whether I should leave their molts in for them to eat them or take them out during my water change.

I used to have a freshwater crayfish, and I would never take his old molts out because I know they eat them to replenish nutrients. But maybe these saltwater crabs are different?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new