What to do with Hermit Molts?

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Messages
92
Reaction score
53
Location
Stone Mountain, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make things simple, do saltwater blue/red legged hermit crabs eat their molts? Mine have molted several times, and I am unsure whether I should leave their molts in for them to eat them or take them out during my water change.

I used to have a freshwater crayfish, and I would never take his old molts out because I know they eat them to replenish nutrients. But maybe these saltwater crabs are different?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new