What to feed my snowflake eel?

ppatrick2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I recently bought a snowflake eel and I keep hear the basic “fish, squid, crab, etc” but what kind of fish specifically or does it matter? And any tips or Suggestions are appreciated. I also try to keep a population of brine shrimp in my tank, will he eat those too?

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got one and a healthy eater. You can get a predator mix. I get raw fresh shrimp from the meat market at the grocery store and I just got through cutting up raw frozen squid. Need yo cut pieces that are big enough to find but small enough to swallow. I feed mine using tongs seeing as they hunt by smell and sight is not that good. Good luck

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine didn’t eat LRS reef frenzy. It only wanted live shrimp. The cheapest was freshwater ghost shrimp(basically feeder shrimp) but I’m not sure how nutritionally dense they are. It also ate my pistol shrimp

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine scallops, squid, shrimp, clams and baby octopus. We get all of our seafood from the local Chinese Market in town. We freeze it in individual baggies and pull it out as needed. I’ve found that it is easier to cut into eel bite sizes when frozen. We occasionally give him Krill as a treat.

Kevin_Mac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I kept a tank of Feeder Goldfish ( purchased 300 at a time ,store would keep them I took 50 home each time I needed more) Then feed 5 goldfish to my eel at a time every few days. He ate them in five to ten seconds!

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I recently bought a snowflake eel and I keep hear the basic “fish, squid, crab, etc” but what kind of fish specifically or does it matter? And any tips or Suggestions are appreciated. I also try to keep a population of brine shrimp in my tank, will he eat those too?
When I had my eel I would feed it cut up fresh shrimp, scallops, crab, raw fish, mussels, clams and he would get feed twice a week. I would cut up the pieces and drop them in the tank and watch him go to town. I mean I did not give him all that food and only a few pieces because he would just eat a little bit and then he was done and some of my fish would assist him in eating what was given but not all the time. I also would buy frozen Krill and he liked that too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back