What type of algae is this?

Mata_01

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2025
Messages
55
Reaction score
12
Location
Portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of algae is this?

IMG_0256.jpeg IMG_0255.jpeg image.jpg
 
What did you do?
Honestly, I got a UV sterilizer for general purpose and dosed H2O2 for a while. They eventually just cleared up. Never went away 100% because I can still see a couple in a water sample but they are definitely not an issue anymore. They must just be in check with other bacteria etc. If you do a search for H2O2 for dinos, there are a few sticky threads about it I think.
 
Honestly, I got a UV sterilizer for general purpose and dosed H2O2 for a while. They eventually just cleared up. Never went away 100% because I can still see a couple in a water sample but they are definitely not an issue anymore. They must just be in check with other bacteria etc. If you do a search for H2O2 for dinos, there are a few sticky threads about it I think.
Ok tks for the info
 
Ok tks for the info
No problem. You're gonna hate the fight but stick it out.... it will go away. I think I learned not to change too many things at once because it didn't help in the long run.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new