What will eat Spaghetti worms?

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody seems to know. I need something that is reef-safe and will consume spaghetti worms.

I know they are beneficial, but my tank has become oversaturated with them and I'm starting to think that they are irritating the hell out of my softies.

I know that CBS and Arrow crabs will eat Bristleworms, but will they go after Spaghetti worms as well?

I've seen Red Scooter Blennies go after bloodworms, would they go after the Spaghetti worms? (Same size/shape) Any help would be apprcieated.

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i was in the same boat about a year ago. I am happy to say i am down to about 10% left. I can only think it was 1 of 2 fish i added or a Sea Cucumber. I added a Sea Grass wasse and a yellow Coris wrasse. I would not recommend a sea grass wrasse if you have frags on your send bed. He WILL flip them over. I have tried to get this fish out for the last 4 months, Granted i have not gone crazy trying to get him out, just the normal nets with food, homemade fish traps. BUt i do believe the Yellow Coris wrasse did it. I have one in both my tanks and neither of them have any left. I am SO happy about that.

So i would first try a sea cumcumber, then a coris wrasse. If i get this Sea Grass wrasse out i will sell him to you cheap. When i get water in the new tank he will not be making it over to it.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anecdotal evidence at best, I had a good population of spaghetti worms in my 135, I added a Niger Trigger, and when I moved to my 90 gallon tank, I had VERY FEW. I never saw the trigger eating the worms, but like I said, he was the only addition at that time.... Now that I typed it all out, I don't think it was worth posting... ;) LOL!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back