i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss :crying-face:
Thanks, this one hit me almost as hard as losing the tilefish as it was the only other fish given a name. Ironically the thing I was most proud of in him was the thing that gave which fish had died away.
Here he is… RIP Stripey/Stripes with a Mohawk
C3606BB9-C858-4434-8D9A-7159DBC91B9C.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would leave it be and watch your levels. If it happens to get into a more accessible location then I would take the opportunity to pull it out.
This is what I would do as well

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, this one hit me almost as hard as losing the tilefish as it was the only other fish given a name. Ironically the thing I was most proud of in him was the thing that gave which fish had died away.
Here he is… RIP Stripey/Stripes with a Mohawk
C3606BB9-C858-4434-8D9A-7159DBC91B9C.jpeg
Sorry, man. Losing a fish always sucks and it's worse when it's one you're attached to

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the one plus side to this is I’ll know how much of a workhorses he was, I know he definitely did a sweet dent as I had no worms or anything make it into the tank and just one vermetid snail managed it (Which I left as he isn’t multiplying as of yet).

I think my LFS had a “pair” brought in, and I’ll maybe try it but I’ll have a deep think about if I truly want to feel like I’m replacing him before I go for it. I highly doubt they’ll sell them as seperate specimens and will instead sell them as a pair. My only issue is how hard would it be to get another pink streak if I did pass on these guys. I have Atleast 2 days to think on it anyway.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now it’s getting worse as the deresa clam is looking more stressed. And the other issue is the only things dealing with the dead fish are asterina stars. The body is still right behind the rockwork, I can only see the mouth though so I can’t tell how much is left. I’m really starting to worry about a chain reaction occurring because of the clam dying due to a spike caused by a dead fish.
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just wondering wether to get another few snails to back up the nassarius in the sandbed as my trochus and conch don’t seem to have even touched it. I can’t really say about the bass around but I don’t think they found it either as the body hasn’t moved from where it was yesterday.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d definitely get more snails just to have them - I had like 10 nass for my 13.5.
If you can see the wrasse, you may be able to get it out.
I’ll do a water change and attempt removal if I can spot the body from top down. It may result in me needing to remove one rock however that rock isn’t attached to anything else other than a Florida ricordea.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tonga Nassarius in my max nano and they’re voracious when it comes to anything dead or dying — they’re on it instantly. I say def get more for exactly this purpose!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got him out and apparently moving one rock wasn’t enough so I had to move several (3 in total) I made sure I didn’t harm anyone and every move if the rocks was slow and steady.
I did watch every move the griessinger did and he hid under a rock that I never touched in the end. Here’s the tank now - I make sure if anything like this happened again, I could get to the back of the rocks.
It’s much lower down though so I’ll see what happens there.
image.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back