What would you like to improve with your reef tank?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all love our reef tanks that we have, and are always looking for ways to improve it. I am wondering what is it that you want to improve with your tank? Maybe it is adding new livestock to it, new equipment, or even getting a bigger tank. Curious to know everyone's input!

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never ends for me, every tank I've put up is getting constant upgrades. I will say if I could upgrade one thing for my tank, it would be a 3d printer. I do a lot of mods or upgrades with 3d printed parts and always have to order them

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never ends for me, every tank I've put up is getting constant upgrades. I will say if I could upgrade one thing for my tank, it would be a 3d printer. I do a lot of mods or upgrades with 3d printed parts and always have to order them
I would love to get a 3d printer one day. So many cool things you can make with them.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to eventually go with a hybrid lighting fixture. I will add two Reefbrite strips to fill in shaded spots. I will get rid of the goosenecks and go with one large hanging fixture. Just gotta save up, because they aren't cheap. :grinning-squinting-face:
PSX_20230617_172000~2.jpg

Reefer500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting rid of dinos once and for all! Tank going on 8 months and still can't get nutrients to stabilize

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting rid of dinos once and for all! Tank going on 8 months and still can't get nutrients to stabilize
One day you will!! Just keep up the offense towards them!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The knowledge of the reef keeper. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. :oops:

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The knowledge of the reef keeper. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. :oops:
No kidding!! I feel like I learn something every single day. Or here about something I have never heard of before.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get setup so my ATO resivour automatically fills itself from my 35 gallon R.O bin in the basement.
I need to do something like that vs lugging a bucket around haha

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly just wish i had a good path to sell some of my freshwater fish- i have a sumped 180, with a huge UV sterilizer on it that i want to convert to FO but my penchant for aggressive, large fish leaves it hard to move on them.

I also wish i could dial in my nyos skimmer, thing makes no sense. they recommend 8" of water, its only works well in 3" and it just stopped working entirely yesterday. hate to do it but i need get a new skimmer.

i also have an old algae scrubber that never made sense to me, didn't seem to work at all.

yurisreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all love our reef tanks that we have, and are always looking for ways to improve it. I am wondering what is it that you want to improve with your tank? Maybe it is adding new livestock to it, new equipment, or even getting a bigger tank. Curious to know everyone's input!
You know with corals it’s worse than drugs you’re always one more so I would add another tank that I can do different type of coral on each tank LPS/SPS

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back