what wrasse are these

  • Thread starter Thread starter Should I
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Should I

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2024
Messages
763
Reaction score
684
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think
@Slocke
wrasse.png
 
actuslly found another pic they kind of do just these r very red probs edited like you said
 
Definitely 2 male Roseafascia but an edited photo of them.
They will be pinkier in person with a dominant red band along their dorsal. But it’s mainly the reds coming off as edited, the purples and yellows are generally that vibrant in males.

I keep looking for them but just never pull the trigger on them when I see them as they’re always larger males.
 
Heavily edited Cirrhilabrus shutmani I think but I'm not good with fairies. @Tcook @Crabby48
If one of these was a shutmani I’d have jumped on it when I saw them :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
They are a beautiful wrasse. I remember 4 years ago or so they were a reasonably priced upper midrange wrasse. Now they are in Earl’s territory.
Over this side they’re still in the lower triple digits even for a “supermale”
Earlei are one I could never have without fear of their 1K+ tag.
 
Those the wrasse from bluemarine?
If I remember correctly, the OP is from over this side of the pond, so I think those two were posted by an LFS over here (Kraken Corals).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new