What you looking at?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black cap thinks hes a watchman gobie.
20210117_180107.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,nice capture!! nice corals,they look pretty happy too.. :cool:

OP
OP
D

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,nice capture!! nice corals,they look pretty happy too.. :cool:
Thanks! Yeah the left one is doing well. The right acan has been thru a lot of rough times back when I was a reef noob (see a lot of the empty sockets where polyps used to be) but its doing better so hoping it can recover. The issue im running into now, believe it or not, has nothing to do with water chemistry -- there is a pistol shrimp under the rock too, and since this piece of rock has a few holes facing up (between the two acans) , the shrimp would shoot out sand from these holes as water push more sand back into the hole from the "main entrance" on the bottom.. So every once a while I get these "sand geysers" that cover up the right acan and tick it off.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! Yeah the left one is doing well. The right acan has been thru a lot of rough times back when I was a reef noob (see a lot of the empty sockets where polyps used to be) but its doing better so hoping it can recover. The issue im running into now, believe it or not, has nothing to do with water chemistry -- there is a pistol shrimp under the rock too, and since this piece of rock has a few holes facing up (between the two acans) , the shrimp would shoot out sand from these holes as water push more sand back into the hole from the "main entrance" on the bottom.. So every once a while I get these "sand geysers" that cover up the right acan and tick it off.
:rolleyes: ;Happyplug them up with rubble;):)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back