OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bummed out at the loss of this, what I'm certain was a stunning, Bonsai Acro colony. Adam is shipping replacements on Wednesday. I feel equally bad for Adam since it wasn't his fault and there's nothing really he can do. It seems with technology being what it is, FedEx would be able to look at origin and destination and see a potential weather problem for priority overnight packages, especially those containing live animals. On the positive, BattleCorals (Adam) has been amazing.
1bc5c2f77d48d1dae28a30bcc02281ad.jpg

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bummed out at the loss of this, what I'm certain was a stunning, Bonsai Acro colony. Adam is shipping replacements on Wednesday. I feel equally bad for Adam since it wasn't his fault and there's nothing really he can do. It seems with technology being what it is, FedEx would be able to look at origin and destination and see a potential weather problem for priority overnight packages, especially those containing live animals. On the positive, BattleCorals (Adam) has been amazing.
Ouch, I know that was the one you were looking forward to the most. How did everything else make out?

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was ordering some amphipods from aquarium depot earlier this year and picked up a couple of their zoas because they were very cheap. When they got here I was pretty ****** because they were NOTHING like the picture. One of the zoas was not even attached to the frag. I was able to get the zoa attached to a rock and now that zoa covers about 3 inches of rock. The other zoa has taken over a spot about 6 inches across. Now I feel like I got a steal.

I would caution you against ordering from these people. They have been scamming people for years and have poor quality stock. Your bad review is just one amongst many, most of which probably get deleted by the company.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its difficult to tell with the bluer pics but would you say the stock photos are good representations?
Updating after giving everything a few days to settle in. 2 of the 3 I would say are accurate representations, but not this one. This is what I ordered, labelled as a "Torch Madness Colony" TorchMadnessColony-RetailPrice100SALEPRICE60_zpstwg6da8e.jpg
This is the coral that I got, under a bunch of different settings of my Kessil ap700. I only have a phone camera so the pics aren't perfect to what I see in person, but pretty close. I can't see any of that pinkish color that I was expecting in the center. If anything, there's a hint of green but not much.
4.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 5.jpg

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my hammer has been in my tank for 12 days now. I am also working on taking better pictures. Here is a picture from Dr Mac's website of what I ordered compared to what I got. Please note I used no software to edit my pictures

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 4.13.07 PM.png

IMG_5777.JPG

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no!!!! That really sucks man... speaks volumes to how awesome of a vendor Adam is though.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @GHsaltie Here one of NJRC member story about what happen with his order - http://www.njreefers.org/threads/aquarium-depot-online.96477/
I have to point out because it's driving me crazy. In that thread they think the order goes to a 3rd party. That's not what she said. She said the software used is 3rd party. In other words, her company didn't create the software used for orders. A 3rd party did. The orders themselves do not go to a 3rd party.

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to point out because it's driving me crazy. In that thread they think the order goes to a 3rd party. That's not what she said. She said the software used is 3rd party. In other words, her company didn't create the software used for orders. A 3rd party did. The orders themselves do not go to a 3rd party.

I see your point but I think its more a miss reading than thinking it went to another company to handle package/shipping.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my WWC order. As usual, all pictures taken with a canon EOS 5D mark iii, canon 24-70mm lens with canon macro lens. Only basic photoshop color curve/correction done with brightness/contrast adjustment if needed.

The one thing I will say is these frags are TINY. I made the assumption that these were "standard" sized frag discs (1.25") in the pictures, but as it turns out they are small sized frag discs. (3/4") So the frags are a lot smaller than I was expecting. These are what I would consider "designer" corals since they are all named after WWC or the one is Vivid.

I found the box to be very professionally packed and well protected! One of the nicer packages I have received.

WWC picture:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Received:
MIA_1559.jpg

WWC picture:
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Received:
MIA_1548.jpg

WWC picture:
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Received:
MIA_1552.jpg

WWC picture:
s-l1600 (4).jpg

Received:
MIA_1556.jpg

WWC picture:
s-l1600.jpg

Received:
MIA_1550.jpg

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stoked!! Awaiting the imminent arrival of the replacement coral today. Still bummed that the coral was lost to inclement weather, but such is life. These replacements will most def cheer me up.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stoked!! Awaiting the imminent arrival of the replacement coral today. Still bummed that the coral was lost to inclement weather, but such is life. These replacements will most def cheer me up.
Whoa... I was literally like two minutes away from asking for an update...

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 97 41.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back