What's a good light for a 3 gallon?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The display is almost a foot deep. All softies, mainly zoanthids. Just want to know what's out there for nano.

Anthony Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about anything you get is going to be overkill for the tank, no mater what you get. I personally would get a kessil a160we with the gooseneck and have it turned down. That is going to be your easiest option to mount the light and cleanest looking I think. Plus that way when you decide to upgrade you'll already have a light that can handle the tank. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
cameronh

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about anything you get is going to be overkill for the tank, no mater what you get. I personally would get a kessil a160we with the gooseneck and have it turned down. That is going to be your easiest option to mount the light and cleanest looking I think. Plus that way when you decide to upgrade you'll already have a light that can handle the tank. Just my opinion.
I would get an AI prime as you can control it with your phone with the built in wifi
Thanks guys. I have leds on it now with 10k white and actinics'. Just don't know hoe well that's working. Is just some of my zoas are reaching for the stars....mainly fire and ice. Most of the rest of them flat with the plug and those are on the bottom and the fire and ice is up higher. I wish they weren't so picky.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back